Welcome to the We the People Action Fund’s voter information hub! Due to recent changes in Michigan voting laws, you can register to vote and cast a ballot all from the comfort of your home. The process is simple:
- Check to see if you are registered to vote, remember, if you have moved since the last time you registered to vote, you need to update your voter registration, you have to vote at the polling location you are registered to vote at.
- If you find that you are not registered to vote, you can register quickly and easily online. To register to vote in the state of Michigan, you must be:
- A US citizen
- A Michigan resident for at least 30 days
- Be 18 years old by the time of the election (November 8th)
All you need to register online to vote is:
- Your driver’s license or state ID number
- The last 4 numbers of your social security number
- Your home address, where you plan on voting
You may also register to vote in person with this form. You can print it and mail/drop it off at your city/township clerks office. If you are mailing this form, it must be submitted no later than 15 days before the election (Monday, October 24, 2022). You may alternatively drop it off at your local city/township clerks office up until 8pm on November 8, 2022. Please contact your local clerk to confirm, and give yourself plenty of time to register and vote on election day!
- Once you have registered to vote, make sure you request an absentee ballot. Any registered voter in the state of Michigan can request an absentee ballot, and we encourage everyone to do so to make voting easy and accessible for all.
Apply starting 8/25; last day to apply for an absentee ballot online is Monday, October 17, 2022.
- The last step of the process is to return your absentee ballot. This can be done through the mail or it can be dropped off in person at your local clerk’s office. We recommend you have your absentee ballot mailed no later than Monday, October 24, 2022 to ensure your vote is counted. If you miss this deadline, no fear! You can still drop off your absentee ballot at your county clerk’s office. You can register to vote and vote in person all at the same time at your county clerk’s office any time leading up to 8:00PM on November 8th, 2022.
For more information, please visit the Michigan Secretary of State – Voter Deadlines page.
Thank You for Participating in Democracy
Sign up to Volunteer and Learn More!